Responsible Gaming Policy
First Sovereign Trust remains committed to conducting responsible gaming for community benefit. Responsible gaming is when adults can make an informed choice to participate in regulated and Licensed gaming opportunities, whilst having ready access to support, if their participation causes harm.
First Sovereign Trust and our venue operators must ensure that the gaming in their venues is conducted responsibly. We also believe that Government and communities also have a part to play in ensuring that there is a common regulatory approach to all forms of gaming. The gambling public itself must accept responsibility for their own actions and ensure that no harm is caused to others through their activities.
The few people who cannot, for whatever reason, responsibly engage in gambling for entertainment must be protected from themselves. Individual First Sovereign Trust venue operators will ensure the responsible management of our gaming machines in their venue, and will fulfil their obligations both under the law, and under the First Sovereign Trust Limited Responsible Gaming Code.
First Sovereign Trust Limited Responsible Gaming Code
As a responsible First Sovereign Trust Limited member venue operating gaming machines for community benefit, we undertake to:
- Ensure that the gaming on this venue takes place in a safe and clean environment.
- Prominently display this Responsible Gaming Code and related Policy Statement on these premises.
- Make information available to educate gaming machine users about how to recognise the symptoms of Problem Gambling in themselves, and how and where to seek assistance with their problem.
- Through First Sovereign Trust Limited, provide training and education to our staff in respect to the identification of individuals exhibiting Problem Gambling symptoms.
- Work pro-actively with those who are providing counselling services to customers who have been identified as being Problem Gamblers.
- Comply with all Department of Internal Affairs conditions of Licence, and First Sovereign Trust Limited membership conditions, relating to the safe operation of the gaming machines on this venue.
- Establish appropriate Complaint Procedures, including making contact details available for First Sovereign Trust Limited.
- Provide the free Gambling Helpline numbers: 0800 654 655 / FREE Text 8006.
If you have concerns about the amount of money you are spending on gaming machines and wish to be Excluded from the gaming area of any First Sovereign Trust Limited venue/s, we have a legal process that enables our venue operators to ban you from playing our machines.
A Self Exclusion Order is an agreement between an individual and the venue whereby, for an agreed period of up to two years, venue staff will prohibit the individual from entering the gaming area, and may instigate Trespass proceedings, if necessary. All First Sovereign Trust Venue Managers can assist with the completion of a Self-Exclusion form.
Visit the venue and ask the Manager to complete the form with you.
Or download the form from this website and complete all sections.
Then take it to the venue, or post it to the venue to sign the bottom section.
Please note: to effectively administer the Self Exclusion Order, the venue also requires a clear, current photo of the person seeking Self Exclusion.
If you have any queries about this process, please contact the First Sovereign Trust office: (07) 345 7070